Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And here's the Muppets!

I honestly didn't have a better title.  I'm digging deep for the Muppet title.  Why, you ask? First for all I loved the Muppet's when I was younger.  I wanted to say little, but considering I've only grown 8 inches since I was 10, it's hard to say little!  Hahaha!!! Anywho, after my last blog, I was faced with the realization that I was actually doing this.  Not only was I making myself accountable for the food I put in my mouth, but also the fact that I was documenting this whole thing.  I started thinking about things I wanted to say.  I started thinking about things I could say to be funny.  But then I realize, that's just a defense, another brick wall.  It's hard to believe that I am breaking down all those walls.  I am going to see over them, I'm going to climb over them and kick them down.  I saw my new primary care MD after my last blog.  Normally I would be very against being told I need to diet, but not this time.  As part of my new outlook, I'm embarrassing all the help I can get.  My MD wants me to try a diabetic diet.  I'm allowed 1500 calories a day.  You have no idea how hard that is if you've never counted calories before.  I blew it big time my first day, hell lets be realistic my first 4 days.  But then I got my act together.  I've been super good about checking the calorie count of everything that goes in my mouth.  I even have my wonderful husband on board now.  We went grocery shopping last night and he was check the calorie count of everything.  It was super cute and funny.  We are learning very slowly how all this works, but the last few days have gone very well.

So again I was reminded why children are so adorable.  We went the other night to pick up one of our friend's son.  He's 3 and so sweet.  He asked me if we have children.  I told him no.  Then he asked if I had toys at my house.  I told him I did.  Then he asked why I didn't have a son.  My response...ask your Uncle Zach!  I could explain to a 3 year old why we don't have children.  I don't know myself.  I just loved him asking all those questions.  But it is hard to have to answer those questions.  Some day soon though, I hope.    For right now we are happy being Aunt Jodi and Uncle Zach to all our nieces and nephews, related and not related.  We have a lot of not related and one precious little nephew.

Thanks for reading.  As always let me know if you have any tips or just want to leave a comment. 

2 comments:

  1. IM SO PROUD OF YOU I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making a great start! I followed the diabetic diet before and during most of my pregnancy with Griffin. It seems like 1500 calories is going to leave you starving, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy and honestly, quite filling if you do it right! My best advice: try to find things that are high in fiber and make sure you drink plenty of water.

    ReplyDelete